Saturday, January 28, 2012

Progression of a Knitting Project

I love starting a new knitting project! Mostly to see it done!

I've decided to take progression photos of all my projects and post them here when my project is done.  They'll be taken on my phone and played with in instagram, so don't expect the most awesome pictures. I think it's fun to see how objects become objects!

I just finished my first knitting progression project. So, here it is!

On January 17th, I cast on an Ishbel shawl by Ysolda. I've been dying to make this shawl for about a year; but, since I've haven't even been knitting for 2 years yet, I was a little intimidated by the lace section. But after doing some other shawls, I told myself, "How hard can it be?" And it wasn't! I choose some wonderful yarn by Dyeabolical in a colorway called Lemon Drop that I had been saving for just the right project, then began.  It took 10 days to finish, and I'd do it again tomorrow if I didn't have other projects in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment